Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Comedy legend Bolt: Will you run 200m for me?

Olympic legend Usain Bolt had joked around with trackside volunteers before his historic 200m gold medal triumph, asking one of them whether she would race instead of him.

Bolt larked about with trackside volunteers Chantel Grey and Glen Toonga, moments before the starter's orders as they took care of the athletes' belongings.

Chantel has revealed that when Bolt asked her to take his place, she got nervous at the first place, but the Jamaican sprinter then joked around to make her feel better.

"Usain asked me, 'How are you doing today?' I couldn't believe he was talking to me. I said I was feeling nervous for him because he had a big race," The Sun quoted Chantel, as saying.

"He then said to me jokingly, 'Do you want to run the race for me?' I couldn't stop smiling as the world's fastest man was talking to me," she added.

"To have a joke and a laugh with Usain Bolt takes my Olympic experience to a whole new level," she said.

Bolt also touched fists with Toonga before he became the first man in history to successfully defend both the 100m and 200m titles.

Toonga said: "I'm not going to wash for days."

No comments:

Post a Comment