Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Victoria Beckham: ‘Fashion Stole My Smile!’

LOS ANGELES, CALIF. -- Victoria Beckham poses for Glamour Magazine's September 2012CaptionHer smile is dazzling, but a grin from Victoria Beckham has become a rarity in recent years.

So why has the Spice Girl become hesitant to show off her pearly whites?

"I think I only stopped smiling when I got into fashion," Victoria – who acted as guest editor forGlamour's September issue – told the mag with a laugh. "Fashion stole my smile! I've created this person. And I'm not saying that's not me, but I wouldn't say that's the whole me…. It's an armor that goes up."

That "armor" comes down when she's interacting with husband David Beckham — who recently took in one of his wife's New York City fashion shows for the first time.

"He's always been working or training," the 38-year-old star – who has four children with the soccer legend — explained. "But I was nervous about this show. I was feeling a lot of pressure. He phoned me the night before, and I just said, 'I want you to come be with me. I want a cuddle. I really do.'

"And it was great to have him there," she continued. "I think he was surprised; I don't usually bother him with much detail. And then you get there, and the models, the hair, the makeup… I think he was blown away!"

And the singer-turned-designer still makes time for guilty pleasures – she admitted she's read E L James' erotic "Fifty Shades of Grey" novel and is currently working on book two.

"I'm halfway through the second [book]," she said of the best-selling trilogy. "I even bought my mum the book! But every time she tries to engage in conversation about it, I kind of dodge the subject."

Adding, "I don't really want to talk to my mother about S&M."

Check out the full interview with Victoria in Glamour's September issue – available on newsstands on Friday.

-- Erin O'Sullivan

Copyright 2012 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.


--
Best Regards,

No comments:

Post a Comment