Saturday, July 21, 2012

Celebs Who Are Afraid to Fly

Jennifer Aniston
Jennifer Aniston's fear of flying developed after being caught in an electrical storm during a flight to NYC. "What scares me is taking off, because I don't understand how the plane gets up there," she once said. "I've heard all about the aerodynamics, the speed, the engine. Of course, when your number's up, it's up. Maybe I'm just a control freak." She has since mostly gotten over her fear.





2. Kirsten Dunst
Kirsten Dunst has a trick to help curb her fear of air travel: "I always get scared on planes. Whenever I fly I pack those Bose headphones that dull the noise of the plane. I always wear them on take-off and landing."




3. David Bowie
Rocker David Bowie developed his fear of flying after a stormy flight in the early '70s, and since then he's been known to take boats and trains almost everywhere. How has his fear of flying changed his life? "It allows me to just write about space as opposed to going into it," he once said.






4. Megan Fox
Megan Fox is deathly afraid of flying, but she protects herself with... Britney Spears? "I know for a fact it's not in my destiny to die listening to a Britney Spears album, so I always put that on in my [headphones] when I'm flying because I know it wont crash if I've got Britney on," she told TeenHollywood.com.


 
5. Ben Affleck
Ben Affleck has a really good reason why he's afraid of flying: When he was 9 he was traveling alone when lightning hit the plane and the engine caught on fire! Yep, that would do it for us too.






6. Britney Spears
Britney Spears has traveled all over the world, but she once revealed on her reality show, Britney & Kevin: Chaotic, that taking to the friendly skies actually really frightens her. Also frightening: her marriage to Kevin Federline.


7. Colin Farrell
"I hate flying," Total Recall star Colin Farrell told Playboy in 2003. "I get sweaty palms, I hear every f---ing noise. I usually get out of my head and just go unconscious or start tripping ... It's a big f---ing train flying through the air, and I hate it. I find it the most unnatural f---ing thing in the world."


8. Elisha Cuthbert
Happy Endings star Elisha Cuthbert is so afraid of flying she's developed a few superstitions. "I always get on the plane with my right foot first. I pray a lot. I always talk to my mom before I get on a flight," she once said on The View. "There's all kinds of things, but I try not to be a psycho about it. I realize with my job that I have to fly so I kind of bite my lip and go for it, but there's always that fear in the back of my mind."


9. Enrique Iglesias
Enrique Iglesias once turned to alcohol to help alleviate his fear of flying. During an in-flight incident over the Atlantic, the Latin singer hit the bottle: "The first thing I did was grab a bottle of vodka and I took a few shots, calming down a little bit," he explained.







10. Kate Winslet
Kate Winslet and ex-husband Sam Mendes were so afraid of dying in a plane crash and leaving their children parentless that they always flew separately. Paranoid or just smart planning?



11. Jennifer Connelly
Flying can bring out strange quirks in even the most rational celebs. Actress Jennifer Connelly once said: "I'm a really horrible flyer. I'm not superstitious about anything; I'm pretty much a realist. But flying, I kiss the plane. I'm petrified. It could be classified a phobia."







12. Whoopi Goldberg
Whoopi Goldberg's fear grew out of an incident that happened nearly 30 years ago, when she witnessed a mid-air collision while standing on a balcony in San Diego. For years she only traveled by bus, but these days she does occasionally get on a plane. "I feel like I shouldn't be flying," Goldberg told Piers Morgan. "I should be rolling in my bus."




13. Aretha Franklin
Legendary soul singer Aretha Franklin has turned down many overseas performance opportuinies because of her intense phobia. "I did a lot of things that have not worked yet because I'm still not flying," she once said. "So I set it to the side — I enjoy my custom bus. You can pull over, go to Red Lobster. You can't pull over at 30,000 feet!"


14. Billy Bob Thornton
Billy Bob Thornton once famously expressed the true nature of his phobia, saying, "I don't have a fear of flying, I have a fear of crashing." But apparently his fear of flying disappeared after 9/11. "As usual, I'm backwards," Thornton said an interview with Salon.com. "As everybody else has gotten worried, I'm not afraid of flying now. ... Now I feel a little safer because people feel weird about it."



--
Best Regards,

No comments:

Post a Comment