Friday, July 20, 2012

Mandira Bedi and Samir Soni's eight year itch

Mandira Bedi and Samir Soni`s eight year itch

It's been almost eight years and more than 250 shows of a play that Mandira Bedi and Samir Soni have been acting in, that's got everything to do with love.

In between, Mandira's had a baby and Samir's tied the knot. CS caught up with the duo to talk about the play, new relationships and matters of the heart:

Keep it fresh

Mandira: Everytime I perform, there is some line or the other which I look at from a different perspective. I think that's what keeps the play fresh. Also the fact that there are so many people who have appreciated the play and keep coming for it, that's what keeps us excited. 

Samir: Keeping a play fresh for yourself is one of the biggest challenges of theatre. But luckily what happens is that we both love the play so much, that it doesn't take too much effort to get into it. Since there are just two people on stage, there is no place for complacency. It keeps us on our toes.



Love to hate!

Mandira: Initially, Samir and I used to have major creative differences. We used to rehearse in my living room and there were times I have walked off and locked myself up in my bedroom! (laughs) When you put together two people who have strong opinions about everything, it can get overwhelming. But now, after eight years, we know each other so well and share a comfort level and chemistry. 

Samir: There have been times we have done the play when we were not speaking to each in reality! (smiles) I don't like talking to people at least an hour before the show. I listen to music or relax, basically conserve my energy. 

Mandira on the other hand wants to go over our lines just at that time! But now we've figured each other out and know each other's rhythm. In real life, we're very good friends now.

Newer meanings

Mandira: I'm the one who delayed matters but now that I have my baby, I can tell you that this new relationship has given a new meaning to my life. I feel blessed. 

There is no work, no project, no accolade that can even compare to the happiness a baby can give you. Now that Vir's 13 months old, he recognises me, comes to me, doesn't want to leave me. As a mother, it's the most wonderful feeling. 

Samir: Marriage for me meant a bit of growing up. When you're single, you're only responsible for yourself and your actions. Now, I know that I'm also responsible for another person. When you've been single for so long, just the pleasure of coming home to someone is beautiful. I'm loving it! 

Courtesy: Mid-Day.com 

--
Best Regards,

No comments:

Post a Comment