Friday, July 20, 2012

Only Madhuri can do sensuous Dhak Dhak and not look vulgar

Only Madhuri can do sensuous Dhak Dhak and not look vulgar

The young and talented Neha Sharma is a trained kathak dancer. CS chats with her about her passion for dance

Training myself
After I finished my first Telugu film, I realised that I really need to hone my skills. So, I learnt jazz. I also did salsa and street hip hop classes, hip hop being my main focus. 

I didn't go for ballet because I was too freaked out by it. For ballet, I feel one should start really young to get that flexibility. Apart from this, there are a lot of things that I still want to learn, like pole dancing.

Passion within
There's something about dance that makes me feel liberated. It's like nobody's watching you and you are free. It really gives me a kick and I am passionate about it. Even as a kid, I was the enthusiastic child in class. Whenever my teacher would ask 'Who wants to go on stage?' I would be the first one to raise my hand.


Crazy about them
My recent favourite dance number is Chikni Chameli. There's full-on dancing in this song. As a kid, I was crazy about Le Gayi Le Gayi when Dil Toh Pagal Hai had released. I would dance to it all the time. I like Madhuri's numbers a lot too. 

Chane Ke Khet Mein was a track that I liked a lot. Another one of my favourite tracks was Humma Humma. It's just awesome! I like Prabhudeva's style of dancing. He got the hip hop trend to India and I used to love dancing to songs like Mukabala and Urvashi.

I admire Madhuri Dixit and Katrina Kaif. I think no one can do the Dhak Dhak step better than Madhuri; it's very sensuous and yet not vulgar. 

Courtesy: Mid-Day.com 

--
Best Regards,

No comments:

Post a Comment