Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Esha was advised against working in Chakravyuh

Esha was advised against working in Chakravyuh

Actress Esha Gupta says people advised her against doing the role of a police officer in Prakash Jha's "Chakravyuh".

"Lot of people told me that I should not do this role. It's a de-glam role, age is also around 30-35 years as she is an IPS officer," the 23-year-old said here in an interview.

But Esha took it as a challenge to play Rhea Menon becuse it was challenging to play the "de-glam and strong, straightforward role".

"I thought if my director believes in me and he feels that he can get Rhea's strong character from me, so it can't get any better," said Esha, knonw for her glamorous roles in "Jannat 2" and "Raaz 3".

She also talked about a scary experience while shooting for "Chakravyuh", which is about Maoists.


"We shot one sequence in a valley which was close to a Naxalite (Maoist) camp. Arjun (Rampal) and I were scared because Abhay (Deol) and Anjali (Patil) are playing Naxals and so their clothes are such that they (Naxals) will spare them but we feared that they will kidnap me and Arjun," Esha said.

"That time I was scared. I told my parents where I am shooting and I also wanted to write a letter saying I love you, if something happened to me. But luckily nothing happened," she added.

Releasing Oct 24, "Chakravyuh" also stars Manoj Bajpayee, Kabir Bedi and Om Puri.

No comments:

Post a Comment